Saturday, June 18, 2011

Edge of Tears

About four months ago, my husband and I decided to leave our church of nearly 15 years. It wasn't an easy decision and the pain often feels as though we left just yesterday.  I started attending the church when I was just 18 years old.  It was there that my then boyfriend proposed to me Easter morning, 2000.  It was there that we later wed and dedicated our two children.  It was there my children first learned about corporate worship and were we served with passion and love for Christ. 

Upon leaving, we quickly attended several new churches in hopes of finding a new home for our family.  I guess it should have been obvious, but trying to find a new church is like trying to date again.  Needless to say - our first few dates failed - miserably.

Today I have been on the edge of tears. I long for christian companionship. I miss the feeling you get after a really good date.

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20

The search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment