Monday, June 20, 2011

Wait Loss

Today is day two on yet another attempt at weight loss.  I have never been what most would consider skinny.  I like to kid and say, "My bones are too big to fit in a skinny body!" But it's true...I come from big stock.  I also am really good at making very bad health choices.  Pepsi is my constant companion and sweets my daily visitor.  Today, I weigh more than ever before.  Sadly - even more than when I was 9 months pregnant.  

So - why try again now? 

This year, my husband and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage.  In September of 2001, Kevin and I visited the beaches of beautiful Jamaica and it was there I wore the cutest little blue tie-dye bikini.  On my wedding day, I weighed in at just 119 lbs... the very least I have ever weighted in my adult body.  But it's more than the number and it's certainly not about revisiting that bikini...so what is it?  

It's about me. I don't like who I am.  It's time for a change.  I have to belive that the thought of me - counts.

Weight loss isn't easy.  This journey will take a life-time.  I know I will have good days and I will have bad days.  But the hardest thing about weight loss....is the wait...

Waiting

I am not much good at waiting. I really, quite frankly, hate waiting.

But in the waiting...

I hope to find more than what I am waiting for...

"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

For those of you keeping track...today I weigh in at 193 lbs....

No comments:

Post a Comment